Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a weekend....I DON'T want to remember!!

Can I just say WOW!?!? YES, I can... It has been not so fun around here for about the last week! It all began with Austin, last Saturday him and Hannah had a date. They went to the Mavs game and the guy felt HORRIBLE! That was the 1st sign around our house that someone in our midst was SICK! Then the next day all the girls went to the Benjamin's for the "Destiny made it to her due date" party. Well Rach was starting to feel bad that afternoon but by the time she got home she felt really bad (sorry everyone at the party)! So for the next several days after that it was Austin and Rachel coughing and coughing and coughing (Rachel mostly). They felt SO bad and by Tuesday I made Rach go to then Dr. to get something, ANYTHING!! Well by Wednesday evening Olivia started feeling bad and SO DID GRANT!! OH BOY! Whatever this virus is that is straight from hell - it usually starts with fever, fever that last 3 to 4 days, a NASTY cough, body aches, headache, some had congestion. Pretty much every symptom of the flu. So Rachel, Sunday - Liv and Grant, Wed. and then there was Ms. Hannah. She started feeling bad on Friday at work. She came home early and was pretty pitiful all evening. Most of my kiddos are really tough and they don't like to give into feeling bad. Hannah is 1 of those so Friday was bad but Saturday is date night and she was going out. After they got back from the movies Austin told us that at a really important part of the movie she lets out a cough that was loud enough that someone near them said - what did she say (on the movie). It seems that the 3rd day for them all have been the WORST and that was Hannah's day today. She passed on church to sleep in and headed to her boys to spend the day and evening. THANK GOD! 1 less kid to take care of - let him do it. She had a MISERABLE day and Liv was here at home thinking her throat was being stabbed with a knife. SO, enough for me! Ray took her to the Dr. - side note for the future - any emergency visits that aren't planned Ray takes the kids to. Unless it is of course a real emergency and we would both be there. But if it is not a planned visit - he takes them. Its worked out nice and he gets to share in the fun. Of course the unplanned visit are when the kids are usually the most miserable so SORRY HONEY! Anyways, Liv got a shot and an antibiotic! OH BOY!! OH, how could I have forgotten sweet Casey! She came to join the fun of Saturday. She lives in Dallas, she is living here away from her Momma so when she talked to the kids and said she was miserable - I said come on and we will take care of you! She felt SO BAD too! It was a CRAZY weekend for sure.

I praised the LORD all weekend because Ray worked some Friday but he was home the whole rest of the weekend. We are such a good team - sometimes we would look at each other and only be able to laugh. 1 evening they were all coughing (driving us NUTS) and we would make fun of them to each other like only a Dad and Mom can. Some would throw up from so much coughing or congestion (Ray's the throw up cleaner upper--did I mention he is the BEST). We both went to the store to shop and it was heaven - we were OUT OF THE HOUSE!! We came home with Gatorade, waters, juices boxes and every known kind of Popsicle - more cough drops, more ibuprofen and more flu medicine! WHAT A WEEKEND!! We also bought the fixins to make an AWESOME homemade chicken noodle soup - it was FAB!

I think Rach is on the mend and I think by tomorrow Mr. Grant will be better. Liv is a couple days away maybe, maybe the shot will do her right and she will be SO GOOD tomorrow (I'm believing for that). Hannah is taking off work tomorrow and hoping to feel better. Big thanks to Austin for taking care of her. Funny story - Austin called me sometime today while she was there and she wanted him to ask me what she could take because she was feeling SO BAD. Well I told him and after I got off the phone I told Ray that Hannah wasn't do good at all. He instantly said she needed to come home because she needed her Dad. Well we have always been a team when our kids were sick and we would actually fight over them because I am the Mom and I wanted them and he was the Dad and he wanted them - sometimes it would be tug-a-war. So anyways, I had to tell him that she didn't need her Dad she was right where she wanted to be and Austin was taking very good care of her. He didn't want to believe it but of course he knew that was true! A little sad but true!!

So, Praise be to GOD, Ray and I are not sick, Grandma is NOT sick and the only child that isn't sick and hasn't gotten sick and really refuses to get sick is Ms. Sarah! She said she is clearly the only 1 living right - HA, what did Grant do... SO, she is very grateful to be healthy! She is flying out to go to Kansas City on Wednesday for about 3 or 4 days and then she is making a trek with her old roommate to go to Tuscon, Arizona. A 21 hr. drive that I think they are gonna go a couple of hrs. out of the way and come here for a night or 2. SO - she has NO TIME to get this JUNK! NO TIME AT ALL!!! She's got places to go and stuff to do! I am believing with her and pumping her full of vitamin C, mannatech, airborne and anything else we can find.

OH, in the middle of the week (Wednesday) Destiny had her precious baby boy Shiloh. Hannah, Liv and Sarah got to go be at the hospital to wait for his arrival. Rachel was to sick and she was ticked about that! We are so happy Shiloh is here. Of course that was the evening that Liv started feeling bad - sorry everyone at the hospital. I tell you, you can feel guilty about infecting people but like my Mom has said before - people can get this stuff off of a shopping cart.

So anyways, NO PICTURES with this blog. NOBODY needs their picture made around here but Sarah. She's still looking cute as ever but the rest, aren't picture ready!! OK, I am writing this to show my children 1 day that they OWE US for taking care of them! HA, I wonder if it will work.... My next blog will be that everyone is healthy, Sarah didn't get sick and we are all healthy, happy and wise...ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you said everyone is sick down there I did not realize HOW sick everyone is! You two need to stay well since you obviously have your hands full. We will be praying. Let me know if you need me to run to the store for anything.

Love ya,
Michelle

Jenna Cox said...

oh shundi....