Friday, November 18, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
This is a blog that we all wrote 2 years ago (Grant wanted to revise his, ha). I couldn't say it any better and I thought it is worth reading and reposting. I'm so grateful to be celebrating another wonderful year with you!! I love you so much and 15 cheers for mid-life - I wouldn't want to go through it with anyone else but YOU!!!! RAH, RAH!!!
~Happy Birthday Dad~
So Today is the day of your birth. The day that you came into this world, 47 years ago. Then 22 1/2 years after your birth you had your 1st and favorite daughter come into this world. I had the great privilege of making you a Daddy! Oh the Joy of being your 1st born and your favorite,
(the 1st will ALWAYS be a parents favorite).
That day on May 10th I was given a very special gift from the Lord, an Amazing Daddy like you. You thought you were getting a blessing but it was me that got blessed that day.
You truly are my Hero! You have taught me how to live my life as a servant and to try and be 100% selfless at all times. You are truly one of the most amazing examples of the Love of Yeshua. It just pours out of you, all the time. There is a huge long list of things I know how to do in life, just because of you. I’m so grateful to be able to call you Dad! I Pray and Dream that 1 day Yeshua would be able to give me a man to call my husband that will have character like you - who will be funny like you - who is extra good looking (like you) - who will be able to cook like you -who will love me like you love Mom - who will be an amazing Father to all my kids like you are to us - who will be able to provide for a family even if it take 3 jobs to do so - who will be able to share the kingdom of God and be a light to this world. I pray everyday that my husband will be like my amazing Father - he has BIG shoes to fill! I love you so very much Dad, you truly mean the world to me and I’m so grateful to be your 1stborn. I pray that this year will be everything that your heart desires.
Have a Happy 47th Birthday Daddy!! Rachel
FROM SARAH -
I don’t even know where to begin, really… Today is a day that I feel very grateful, because I have a Dad. While there are plenty of people out there that desire to have a father and may never have had one - or the opportunity to have the influence that only a father can bring - today, i am grateful for you and your daily influence - and the impact you have on me and my life.
You’ve been such a great Shepherd and provider for our family. Always doing whatever it takes to make sure everyone was as happy as possible.
You are a man that I admire on both sides of the coin. You’re an amazing Dad that always made us feel beautiful, respected, covered, cherished, valuable and worthy of all of those things.
Then on the other side, you’re a great husband, friend, employee, and father. Most importantly you have and continue to make Jesus the center of everything our family stands for and desires.
I couldn’t have asked for someone that was more reputable, more experienced, or above all, more kind and loving… you’ve always surpassed it all.
I love you so much and I am so proud to be loved by you.
You truly are a kiss from God just for us!
FROM OLIVIA -
Today is your 47th birthday and you are basically an old man now. I hope and pray that this is one of the best years ever. I know that 1992 was a great year for you because your precious blonde haired 4th daughter came into this world. But I really sense and believe that the Lord has great things for you this year.
Here are 47 reasons why I think that.
1. You have a heart of gold.
2. I have never in my life been around someone more selfless then YOU.
3. You believe in me and in my destiny in Jesus.
4. You have always spoke life to us kids - always spoke blessings over us.
5. You are the cheesiest person I know and very witty with your jokes.
6. You are a man after God's own heart.
7. You are such a hard worker. You provide and make money for me to live in a nice house.
8. You are the most kind hearted of all. A reflection of the Father.
9. You want nothing more then me (our family) to be happy.
10. You were and are the best traveling buddy.
11. I have straight and white teeth because I look just like you.
12. You are a servant of all.
13. I am who I am today because of the example you are to me.
14. Nobody can make me cry like you can.
15. I’m proud to call you my Pops.
16. You are NEVER too busy for our family. You come whenever we need you.
17. I love that I can call you dude and bro.
18. You are the best at giving high fives.
19. You were and are the best coach.
20. I love your heart for people. People are drawn to your kind heart.
21. You are a perfect example of a gentlemen.
22. Every man should want to be just like you.
23. All my friends should be jealous at how cool MY dad is.
24. You always pray for us kids.
25. You always find something encouraging to say when I’m feeling blue.
26. You can make a song out of ANY word that comes out of your mouth.
27. You always show us our worth is in Jesus.
28. I love seeing your desire for your work place to be saved.
29. I love that I am your favorite blonde daughter.
30. You are silly and SO REAL.
31. I love your pursuit for the kingdom of God.
32. I love that you can’t spell.
33. I love that you could talk to the wall. But I love that you are such a good listener.
34. You always speak your mind with a gentle, soft word.
35. You are the biggest giver I know.
36. Even in rough times you find the good in what’s going on. "economy"
37. Your ability to make me smile, amazes me.
38. You always put our family first.
39. You are the best leader of our family. I am proud to follow you. You lead us by the great example that you are.
40. You are getting older… and wiser.
41. Along with being the MOST selfless man, you are SO HUMBLE.
42. You have great scruff.
43. Even when I am stupid, you still cheer me on. You always pick me up when I fall.
44. You have the most willing heart to serve God and our family.
45. You always have the right things to say. Thanks for hiding the word of God in your heart.
46. When that special guy finds me & if he is half as amazing as you, i'd consider myself a lucky lady. But I'm sure you'd never let me settle for anyone that was 1/2 anything.
47. You make me the luckiest girl in the world to have a Daddy like YOU!!! If you were anybody else's Daddy, I would be SO JEALOUS!
These are in no special order, but these are just a few reasons why you deserve to have an amazing year. I love you SO, SO, SO much and I’m so grateful that I get to be your daughter. Thank you for loving Jesus and being a near perfect reflection of Him for us to see. Thank you so much for always making me feel special,
I LOVE YOU THE MOST! ! Liv
FROM GRANT -
E-ven grandma loves you
S-orry for the crappy message
R....... and ummmm one to grow on
You're the best Dad ever, love you so much.
FROM GRANDMA --
Happy Birthday!! I hope you have many, many more with each one being better than the one before! God bless you always with peace, joy, good health, prosperity and every other good thing He can think of! Googols of Love! XOXO Mom
FROM MEGAN -- (she is representing all your children that don't share your DNA but are your KIDS)
There are many things in life that I'm grateful for-my fam, being black, life, steak, music...you get the drill. One of the many things I'm grateful for is having a man of God like you in my life. Obviously, I didn't have the chance to have much of a father figure (put your tiny hand in mine) growing up. The Lord knew just what I needed when he placed you in my life.
You're such an awesome dad and I hope that my babies will adore their dad as much as all your kids adore you. Thanks for taking in all of us orphan kids and making us feel like one of your own.
I hope that this is a great year full of the presence of the Lord in every area.
Have a super awesome birthday, Pops!
I love you!!! Megan
FROM YOUR WIFE --
What can I say that I haven't said a million-trillion times?? Of course I can say it all over again and MORE. So, I will just follow my heart and write. I have such a thankful heart today. I woke up feeling such gratitude to the Lord for you. I love that our daughters can read my thoughts because someday, I pray they will have some of the same thoughts for their guy. I love that our son can read this because he will have Jesus and a living example in you - to strive to be like. In reading what our children wrote, they all said so much of the same thing. What a blessing you are to all of us.
I thank God for the man you are. I celebrate your life by telling you that you are such a precious gift to everyone that is in your life. I will try not to repeat things I have said before but I truly don't know what I did to receive such a precious gift. Your life that you have lived is such a testimony of God's faithfulness. He showers down love to you through His son Jesus and then through our children and myself. I love walking this journey out with you. You truly are my BFF. I thank you for your leadership in our family. I know it ain't easy but you do it with the confidence of 10,000. Thank you for loving me and reflecting Jesus in your eyes, hands & words. What a gentle man you are.
I think as we hit the years past 40 (not that we are old), we begin to think of what we are going to leave here on earth. Material things have never mattered much to us but ETERNAL things are what we have strived for, every day. Your selfless LOVE that only can come from the heart of GOD, your MANY prayers that have been prayed, your servants heart that lays down his life for me & our family, your unwavering love for the Lord that makes us all run this race with you, your wisdom that will be passed down for GENERATIONS to come in our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, & so on. Those are just a few of the things that these 47 years represent!! I thank God that you were born - I will spend eternity thanking Him for letting me spend my life with YOU!! Happy Birthday my Husband! I love you!!
!!!!!! HAPPY 47th BIRTHDAY !!!!! AND NOW HAPPY 49th BIRTHDAY