Sunday, December 21, 2008

Days before Christmas.....



Well life is good in "The Baker" house. It's days before Christmas, Sarah is coming home after being gone for 13 WEEKS, for only 2 1/2 weeks : ( and THIS is my very 1st blog on here. I have a few reasons that I think blogging is gonna be a delight for me and my family - #1 I am getting older - NOT old and remembering things is getting kinda clouded in all the things I have to remember. It will be VERY nice to have words and pictures spur on those memories. #2 I really enjoy writing - I write like I talk which is unfortunate for some but if you know me you will probably hear me talking in your head! #3 Some wisdom that I have acquired in 43 years could be of some value to my children someday and they will have these writings to look at. #4 IF and it's a pretty big IF but IF I keep up with this I will be able to relive our AMAZING families memories with just a couple of clicks on a keyboard. SO, those are a few reasons that I thought and my children thought would be good reasons for me to start in the blogging world. But the most important reason OF ALL is that my #2 daughter has been called to live elsewhere (we all HOPE and PRAY it's just for a season) so this will be a perfect way for her to follow the family back here on the homefront!

Tomorrow Sarah is coming home for the holidays and she is bringing home with her 1 of her roommates. Her name is Norma and we are VERY excited to have her come to visit because we ALL fell in LOVE with her when we went to KC. She will be staying through Christmas so she will experience all of the Baker traditions. She is in for a treat. She will be here until the 28th and then she will fly back in time for the OneThing Conference in KC. We are all looking forward to making a lot of memories with Norma and who knows what will commence. We have planned a "Gingerbread House Decorating Contest" for 1 evening. Followed by piling in the car and going to look at Christmas lights. Maybe I will blog as we go - we shall see.

So, that's all for now because housecleaning here we come. Our Sunday will include - cleaning our carpets, grocery shopping for all of Sarah's favorites, cleaning the bedrooms (hoping Sarah doesn't notice that we gave Grant her room and Liv her bed), cleaning bathrooms - well cleaning the WHOLE house. It will be a joy for all because Sarah is coming, Sarah is coming (we are all slightly obsessed with her)!

So the pictures on this post were taken on our trip to Kansas City in November when we went to visit Sarah. Some actually became our Christmas card for 2008.

No comments: