Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update on Sarah

Well we are a few hrs. shy of Sarah being gone for 1 WEEK!! WOW!! 12 to go. I figured up the weeks and it wasn't 12 weeks, it is 1 day away from 13 weeks!!!

I have talked to her just a few times because she is SO busy and I wait for her to call. She is very sappy in her text messages so I know she is missing home. Ray and I had a long talk with her yesterday and she sounded SO GREAT!!!! I for real can't explain how GREAT she sounded!! It took 1 trillion tons off of our shoulders.

Let me see, she said that in her transition from being a Grandma and going to bed at 10 to staying up all night - she has done SUPERB. She has had moments of being tired but just moments. She feels that she is totally a night owl - no problems! We really prayed for that 1. If you know her you know the girl likes her sleep.

SO...she has 7 roomates in her 2 bedroom apartment, 2 BATH (thank goodness). She is enjoying them ALL (YAY). In her room she has 3 roomates and she is really clicking with them. She is planning trips with them - visiting families and so on. She LOVES KC - it's cooler then here already so she is pumped. For all the shopping we did before she left, she will be decked out with her winter attire.

She has gotten "in trouble" 2 times! HA!!! 1 time for talking in the prayers room - asking her roommates where they were going and the other for having coffee with a "BOY"!!! YIKES!!! There is a nice fellow that helped her push her application through and she wanted to meet up with him to say thanks - well meeting at the IHOP coffee shop with people around wasn't "group" enough for whoever ratted on her. SO...she learned her lesson and will meet with 3 or more from now on, if there is a boy in the group. Good rule!!!

She is absolutely LOVING the classes and talked to Ray about all her new revelation. She is "getting use to" the worship. A little different but she is beginning to love it. She has decided to audition when the time comes that she can.

1 week into her prayer sabbatical she feels that she probably isn't called to IHOP longterm - she feels that she is there for a refreshing, new revelations in her life and healing so she doesn't think she will be there more then 3 months but she didn't promise anything!! We will continue to trust God that she will hear His voice for her next move in life. The world is her limit.

We are VERY excited for her!! I was so antsy before she left and when I last blogged. I just had NO IDEA what to expect. She told me at lunch before she left that she had NO EXPECTATIONS herself. As her parents we just needed to hear her say that this is where I am suppose to be. Which gave me a HUGE sigh of relief - especially since I was the 1 that encouraged her so much to GO!!!

Our family staying up with her for her watch has gone SO WELL!! I think everyone has had a watch but Rachel. Grandma has been handy because she can "cat nap" through the evening and take the 3 to 6 shift. Ray and I have split the time so that is working. Sweet Liv has been the most faithful. 1 night she was at Megans and I had the 12to3. Well I knew she was up and I texted her at 1:30 and told her that I was really fighting to stay awake. She writes back and says, Mom you have to do this for our girl - you can do it. Of course I did it and she writes me right at 3 and sees how I am. Well I wrote her back and asked her WHY are we both up - you could have had the watch!!! She is silly!! It was awesome to write that 1st blog and have SO MANY people write me messages and they all talked about our families unity and how great it is that we support each other so much. I was taken back because I just don't think it is unusual but I guess it is.

So that is our 1 week update - 1 will let you know if anything new happens like - "Mom/Dad HE found me"!!! HA!! Just kidding!! She will kill me for that comment!!

Well Sarah if you read this WE MISS YOU but we are SO BEYOND BLESSED, HAPPY, ESTATIC, PEACEFUL and PROUD of what you are doing!! You are sacrificing A LOT to OBEY the Lord and what a reward you will have. LOVE YOU!!!

OK - I swore to myself I would never have a blog without pix. or videos so I will hunt for some pix. Blessings to ALL!!!

She was TRYING to eat a hot dog but MOM had the camera!!! Isn't she PRECIOUS and her new haircut is HER!!!Photobucket

Liv, Coty and Sarah

Photobucket

Sarah and BlairePhotobucketOK - I am sad now!!! All I want to do is pinch her cute cheeks and give her a hug!! We found out yesterday she can't come home for Thanksgiving so that is sad but the Lord will find her some family to share it with I am sure!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks