Monday, May 10, 2010

Do I REALLY have a child that is 25??

WOW!! Rach is 25 years old today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY my #1 daughter!! It's been a wonderful day spent with her. Sarah & Hannah had to work so Olivia and I had the honor of spending the day with the birthday girl. She woke up with breakfast in bed that Liv got her and then her best friend Megan got her a 1 hr. massage. After that Liv, Ray, Grant & I took her to a nice birthday lunch. Then we dumped the boys off and Liv, Rach and I headed to our favorite salon for a manicure and pedicure! It's been a wonderful day. Tonight she is going with some of her girlfriends for sushi and then back home for some dessert & girl time.

Rach starts the "Summer of Baker Birthdays"! We have 2 in May (Rach & Han), 1 in June (Megan), 2 in July (Sarah & Austin), 1 in August (Olivia) and 1 in September (Grant)!! And that's just the Summer! Plus mine is in May & Mother's day! OH BOY I'm tired. But 25 is a BIG 1. Rachel is 1/2 way to 50 or 1/4 of a century old -- or what she realized at lunch -- 5 YEARS from 30!! WOW, I don't feel that I could have a 25 year old child, but I DO!!

The times with my grown children just get better and better every year. That is for sure how I feel about my time with Rach!! She has been such a grown up for years but our friendship has grown so much in just the last few months! Her best bud Megan moved away and even though we miss her terribly, it freed up some time I think for more time with Rachel and the rest of us!! She's so much fun and she's always up to go or do anything. She's our family "cruise director" and she keep most of us in line!

I'm so proud of my eldest and so, so, so proud of the woman she is. I just can't express the love I have for her. She's the rarest kind of person with her love for people and the way she loves to make everyone in her life feel so special!! Birthdays are Rachel's thing that she LOVES to do for other people. She tries to make everyone around her have the BEST birthday, the best birth when they have a baby, the best wedding, the best anniversary, the best--WHATEVER is going on in their life. If you have your wisdom teeth out, Rach is there to bring you a ballon, a funny card and ice cream! She is such a GIVER and I so love that about her. She has the heart of her Heavenly Father! So when it's her birthday it's hard not to want to give her the moon!! I love that she loves so well. She's such an encourager and she gets excited for people when others would'nt think much of a friends new car or a new outfit or a new apartment. She has a way of making you feel so good about yourself - such a wonderful characteristic about her.

I have so many dreams for her and her future. I can't even imagine how much more the Lord wants for her!! The future is SO BRIGHT and the SKY IS THE LIMIT!!!! She is working so much on herself and I'm beyond excited to see the transformation happen in her life. So Rachel, my sweet, precious daughter that made me a Mommy - I love you SO, SO, SO MUCH!!! I'm excited to see what the next year is going to bring!!! We are on a wonderful journey together and I wouldn't want to be on it with anyone but YOU!!! Have a wonderful evening and I can't wait to share the rest of our lives together as Mom and Daughter - Friend and Friend!!

I love you more than the very, very last number!!!
Mom

Just a few pictures of her 25 years!!

2 comments:

Rachel Baker said...

Awe Mom, you got me in this blog it made me tear up for sure..I love you so very much and I love being your 1st born. I know that I will forever be the favorite just because like you said I'm the one that made you a Mom!!! Thank you for all the sweet words that you said. I'm so grateful to have amazing parents who helped make me who I am today!!! Thank you for this GREAT day that I had...It was a wonderful 25th Birthday! I truly cant wait to see what God has in store for this year, I believe he is doing some Great things with in me and the rest of our family and its fun to be apart of the journey together..I love you more than the very last number! Thanks again for all the Great Gifts you and dad got me:)

Andrea Cherie said...

Love the oldies photos!!