Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Grant's 8th Birthday PARTY!!!!

Well Sunday No.5 child and No.1 SON had his 8th birthday - or he likes to say 1/2 way to 16!! It was a beautiful day for a backyard party. He wanted it to be a "dude" party so we tried but he did allow the sisters to come. We played a few really fun games so I thought I would give my hand at posting videos & pix in a blog.


1st game was the balloon toss ~ I think Hannah and Liv won!
Photobucket
Photobucket
The BIRTHDAY boy REALLY concentrating!!
Photobucket

After the balloon toss there were a few balloons left - well they couldnt go to waste so Ray began throwing them at the "kids" on the trampoline - Sarah got s
oaked and tried to dodge them but didnt always succeed!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The 1st video is a fun game called "The Balloon Stomp" - it was really fun and VERY competitive - ENJOY
..


Here are a couple of REALLY funny pix. of Sarah and Hannah (my 2 most competitive) - I think Sarah could be called for holding.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Grant with the WINNER!!!


Then we bought a BUNCH of silly string which is ALWAYS a hit. Ray thought to put Grant on a ladder with safety glasses on and let everyone shoot the silly string at him. Then Hannah got Sarah back for popping her balloon. Here is that crazy game.

..

Silly pix.!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
A few covered in Silly String
Photobucket

I believe the last game was the pudding race~not to many big kids wanted to do this-we had some good sports!! Let's say Grant won that 1!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

A few pix of different people~

Emanuel is always a big help!!
Photobucket

Grants cousin Landry-3 mths. apart
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


Then came presents and OH was he BLESSED!! Its VERY HARD not to want to buy a kid that is SO AWESOME everything he wants!! So between us and all the others that love him - he raked in the gifts!!
Photobu<a href=Photobucket

After presents came CAKE - it was the LONGEST rendition of "Happy Birthday" and as you can see Grant went ahead and blew the candles out!!

Photobucket

Grant had a WONDERFUL birthday - starting with him and his Dad going to IHOP for breakfast!! Then he went shopping with me to pick up his cake - a few of his favorite people weren't at his party, he missed them but understood. He is such an AMAZING kid - I know I can say that about all my kids (they aren't perfect but they are AMAZING to ME)!! He is beyond smart - funny - sensitive - and just an all around AWESOME SON!!! I waited for him for a very long time and I really didn't know what I was missing until the last 8 years!!! So heres to you Grant, you are my number 1 SON for ever and EVER!!!!! I LOVE YOU more then words can say - ALL the way to the MOON and BACK - MORE then the very LAST number!!!! Thanks for being my son!!!!

After all the festivities this is where the big kids ended up!!!
Photobucket
So that is my 1st video/pix. blog and I am very pleased how it turned out!! I tell my kids - I blog ya'lls lives through pictures but I think I like this way too. Maybe MORE to come.....

No comments: